When we think of the world around us, it’s not uncommon to feel a little concerned about the future. Climate change is having a major impact on our planet. It’s something that appears to be only going to get worse before it gets better.
Fortunately, there are plenty of good people out there who recognize the issues that we face as a society. They are doing their best to change things for the better.
If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve heard the term “sustainable marketing” before and wondered what it means. After all, we live in a world where green is the new black and eco-friendly practices are becoming more common. So what does sustainable marketing have to do with anything? The answer is: a lot!
Read on to understand what sustainable marketing is, why it matters, how it can positively impact your business, and how you can implement these principles within your company today.
What is sustainable marketing?
Sustainable marketing is a form of marketing that promotes goods and services that aim to reduce the negative impact of products, services and practices on the ecosystem.
The main idea behind sustainable marketing is that it encourages businesses to look after the environment while still being able to make a profit.
Why should businesses care about sustainable marketing?
In today’s world, there’s a lot of pressure on businesses to do more for the planet. More and more people are becoming environmentally conscious, whether it be due to climate change, or simply because they want to do their bit for the planet.
Well-known companies such as Coca-Cola have already made significant changes to their business practices in order to create a more sustainable future. These changes include using more eco-friendly bottles and reducing their carbon footprint by investing in renewable energy sources (such as solar panels).
Sustainability is important for any business because it’s the right thing to do.
Whether you believe in the idea of global warming or not, there’s no doubt that there are a number of ways in which businesses can harm the environment. The Earth provides us with everything we need to be successful and we should be taking care of it; if we don’t, then who will?
There are also a number of legal reasons why sustainability is important. The EU has recently introduced a new law called REACH which means that any company selling consumer products in Europe has to prove that their products aren’t harmful to health and the environment. If they fail to do this, they could face huge fines.
How does sustainable marketing differ from traditional marketing?
Traditional marketing is about making money. It’s about using your brand to get as much market share as possible, and every single decision you make is based on how it affects your bottom line.
Sustainable marketing, on the other hand, is more concerned with the environment and how your business can protect it while still being successful.
Do you need a sustainability marketer or a traditional marketer for a sustainability company?
A lot of people think that having a dedicated person for sustainability marketing is essential. However, it’s not just about getting someone to do the job; you need to make sure that they have the right skills and knowledge too. This is where a sustainability marketer comes in. They have the right skills and knowledge to properly market your sustainability products and efforts.
Traditional marketers may be able to help you with the basics of sustainable marketing, however, if you want your business to make progress on a more long-term basis, then you should look for someone more knowledgeable about sustainability issues.
What are the benefits of using sustainable marketing?
There are plenty of benefits that come from using sustainable marketing:
1) Increased customer loyalty – Customers will appreciate your business more if they know it has a commitment to protecting the environment. You don’t even have to tell them anything; just by seeing how well you deal with sustainability issues, they’ll know what kind of company they’re dealing with.
2) Increased sales – Once customers become loyal, they’ll be more likely to buy from you again and recommend your business to others too. This means increased sales over time and an increase in profits too.
3) Reduced running costs – Sustainable marketing isn’t just about saving money; it can also reduce your running costs in other ways. For example, investing in energy-efficient lighting or recycling products can reduce your electricity bills over time as well as make sure that nothing goes into landfill sites.
4) Reduced environmental impact – The ultimate goal of sustainable marketing is to reduce your environmental impact. This means reducing your waste, using renewable energy, and making sure your business is always improving and looking to the future.
5) Improved reputation – If you’re already doing something good for the environment, it will be noticed by people around you. For example, if you’re a small business that uses recycled paper in its printed documents, people will know about it! There’s no better way to improve your reputation than by letting others know what you’re doing.
5 sustainability practices every business should have in place
1) Use recycled paper – The simplest thing you can do to improve your environmental impact is by using recycled paper. Recycling paper saves trees from being cut down, reduces the amount of energy needed to make new paper, and also helps reduce waste. If every business in the country made this simple change, we could prevent 3 million tonnes of carbon emissions every year.
2) Reduce your energy use – Energy is one of the biggest costs for businesses so cutting down on this cost can have huge benefits for your sustainability efforts. There are lots of ways to reduce energy use and a good place to start would be with lighting. LED lights are much more efficient and many businesses are already making the switch from traditional lights to LEDs, saving money and helping the environment at the same time!
3) Use renewable energy – Wind power, solar power, and hydroelectricity are all examples of renewable energy that can help lower a business’s carbon footprint. Investing in renewable energy not only helps save costs over time but also lowers emissions too.
4) Recycle – Businesses often have large amounts of waste that need recycling or disposing off properly so it’s important to have a recycling plan in place from day one. The most important thing is that all staff know what needs recycling and what doesn’t as well as how they need to dispose of any hazardous materials like batteries and chemicals too.
5) Reduce waste – Every business generates waste and the more you can reduce it, the more money you can save. Reducing waste means using less materials to make products, recycling materials at the end of a product’s life, and reducing packaging too. For example, if you are ordering lots of products from a supplier in large quantities, ask for them to be delivered in smaller quantities instead so that you don’t have to throw away excess packaging.
How sustainable marketing will help your sustainability business
Sustainable marketing is a powerful tool you can use to help your sustainability business. It helps you to generate greater sales and profits whilst also delivering significant social and environmental benefits at the same time!
Build your brand
Sustainable marketing helps you build a stronger, more sustainable brand for your business. It also allows businesses to develop their own unique sustainable brand identity that makes them stand out from competitors in the marketplace.
Generate more sales
Sustainable marketing will help you generate more sales in several ways.
Firstly, it helps you reach new audiences of like-minded people who are interested in sustainability issues so they may be more likely to buy your products or services because they share the same values as your business.
Secondly, it allows you to create better quality relationships with existing customers so they are more likely to buy again from your company because they trust and value the relationship that has been built up between them and your company.
Thirdly, it will help build consumer trust which is essential for companies if they want consumers to buy their products or services long term because, without consumer trust, companies cannot sustain their business in the long term.
Fourthly, sustainable marketing will allow businesses to develop different communications channels such as blogs and websites so they can reach new audiences of like-minded people who are interested in sustainability issues.
Where can I find a sustainability marketer?
Look no further! You have found one.
We are a leading sustainability marketing agency with the best marketing practices in the market. At Nexxt Industry, we make growing your sustainable brand a lot easier, less stressful, and more impactful.
With an effective, unconventional marketing approach that rapidly scales unconventional businesses like yours, we help grow your business.
To get started, contact us, we are here for you!